Saturday, August 08, 2009

I AM BARBIE

Some women go to spas. Me, if I want to relax, I agree to let the children do a makeover on me. Lying back and letting them smear stuff on my face has a tranquilizing effect.

Yesterday, Francie and Lillie desperately wanted to get out my few little scraps of real makeup and use them on me. Now, I know what will happen. The makeup will get used up, used wrong, messed up, and lost. This is one reason I rarely wear makeup. Someone plays with it and ruins it, and I don't get around to buying more for a few months.

However, after they begged and pleaded, I said okay.

I don't own much makeup, so using it correctly doesn't take them long enough. They put a little mascara and eyeshadow on me, and they're done. Not enough fun.

So they found a makeup sponge and used it to apply brown eyeshadow to my whole face, like foundation. I looked like I'd been in some kind of strange tanning booth that not only tans, but leaves you with a shiny, sparkly glow.

As they were working, Francie said happily, "Oh my gosh, it's just like we bought a new Mom!"

Lillie replied, "You can't buy a new Mom. It's like Mom is our new doll!"